Ready to use The Customer Loyalty Playbook with your team? You may want to use the book’s diagrams and images to spark discussion and create your own ‘plays’ for your company’s ‘playbook’. By registering below, you will have access to each of the diagrams as full color jpg files that you can print, include in presentations, send via email, and use however you wish. Each image is identified with the chapter where it is explained and where you can find a case study and discussion questions.
How can you use the diagrams, images and charts?
- Conduct a company/department/team/meeting/lunch-and-learn around one of the chapters. Present the diagram. Have someone summarize the concept and case study. Ask the discussion questions. Agree on an action that will move the company/department forward. Set a deadline and pinpoint who will be responsible. Who will follow up with that person and hold him/her accountable?
- Assign a chapter of the book to be read by the people on your team or your executive team or a group of managers. Open up a discussion. Have them come up with a good idea that will move the company/discussion forward. Set a deadline and pinpoint who will be responsible. Who will follow up with that person and hold him/her accountable?
- Assign a small multi-department group of individuals to present a chapter to the larger group. Encourage them to be creative with a skit, music, poem, movie, art, etc. Have them incorporate concepts from the chapter and lead a discussion afterwards. Agree on an action that will move the company/department forward. Set a deadline and pinpoint who will be responsible. Who will follow up with that person and hold him/her accountable?
- Use the diagram, image or chart on the walls of your facility to remind people of the discussion they just participated in, the initiative that arose out of it, or in anticipation of a discussion soon to happen. You can also use it as a digital reminder.
- As you come up with new ideas generated by the book’s chapters, write them up and place them in a notebook, printed or digital. Decorate the notebook as your company’s ‘playbook’ so it is special, respected and a guide to what you want to accomplish.
Have some other ideas? How have you used the graphics and concepts in your company and what were the results? Please email us your comments. Thank you.
Customer Loyalty has become a big topic because it generates business growth, stability, cash flow, reduced costs, and so many more benefits to companies large and small. Here are some other quotes, books, articles and websites that deal with customer loyalty, the customer experience, customer service and customer satisfaction. These are some of my favorites.
- The goal as a company is to have customer service that is not just the best but legendary.
Sam Walton, Founder of Wal-Mart
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
- It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It is the customer who pays the wages.
- Well done is better than well said.
- Spend a lot of time talking to customers face to face. You’d be amazed how many companies don’t listen to their customers.
- The customer experience is the next competitive battleground.
Jerry Gregoire, CIO, Dell Computers
- Customer satisfaction is worthless. Customer loyalty is priceless.
- Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it. It is what the client or customer gets out of it.
- The more you engage with customers the clearer things become and the easier it is to determine what you should be doing.
John Russell, President, Harley Davidson
- One of the deep secrets of life is that all that is really worth doing is what we do for others.
- Being on par in terms of price and quality only gets you into the game. Service wins the game.
- You’ll never have a product or price advantage again. They can be easily duplicated, but a strong customer service culture can’t be copied.
- Loyal customers, they don’t just come back, they don’t simply recommend you, they insist that their friends do business with you.
Chip Bell, Founder Chip Bell Group
- Make a customer, not a sale.
- If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.
Jeff Bezos, CEO Amazon.com
- Customer service is not a department, it’s everyone’s job.
- We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.
Jeff Bezos, CEO Amazon.com
- Michael Lee Stallard, Connection Culture, http://www.michaelleestallard.com/wp-content/uploads/connectionculture-ebook.pdf
- Scott Kirsner, The Customer Experience, http://www.fastcompany.com/56447/customer-experience
- James Allen, Frederick F. Reichheld, and Barney Hamilton, The Three “Ds” of Customer Experience, http://hbswk.hbs.edu/archive/5075.html
- Jive Whitepaper, The Customer Service Balancing Act, http://customerthink.com/files2/resources/Jive-Whitepaper-Customer-Service-Balancing-Act.pdf
- Oracle, Customer Experience (CX) Metrics and Key Performance Indicators, http://www.customerthink.com/files2/resources/Oracle_SVC_US_EN_WP_CustomerExperienceMetrics.pdf
- Walker, The Loyalty Matrix, http://www.walkerinfo.com/docs/WP-The-Walker-Loyalty-Matrix.pdf
- Phone Skills training, http://www.phonepro.org/
- Customer Experience blog at Forrester, http://blogs.forrester.com/customer_experience
- Customer Think webinar, https://customerthink.adobeconnect.com/_a949780227/p44xa6s04ee/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal
- eMagazine for Customer Service Professionals, http://customerservicemanager.com/
- Blog on customer loyalty and marketing, http://blog.cibmp.org/?p=37
- Walker, http://www.walkerinfo.com/
- Customer service quotes, http://www.customer1.com/blog/customer-service-quotes
- Customer service quotes, https://www.helpscout.net/listings/customer-service-quotes/
- Patrick Lencioni, Getting Naked, A Business Fable about Shedding the Three Fears that Sabotage Client Loyalty
- Liz Wiseman, Multipliers, How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter
- Daniel Pink, Drive, the Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
- Frederick Reichheld, The Loyalty Effect, the Hidden Force Behind, Growth, Profits and Lasting Value
- Frederick Reichheld, The Ultimate Question, How Net Promoter Companies Thrive in a Customer-Driven World
- Leonard Inghilleri, Micah Solomon, Exceptional Service, Exceptional Profit, the Secrets of Building a Five-Star Customer Service Organization
- John R. DiJulius III, What’s the Secret? To Providing a World-Class Customer Experience
- Tony Hsieh, Delivering Happiness, A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose
- Lee Cockerell, Creating Magic, 10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney
- Edward M. Hallowell, Shine: Using Brain Science to Get the Best from Your People
- Simon Sinek, Start With Why, How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action